Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fettuccine with Pumpkin Sauce



Being a lover of all things pumpkin, I knew I had to try this new recipe slightly adapted from "Cooking Light".
The recipe from start to finish took less than 20 minutes. The sauce was creamy and full of flavor. My 15 month old granddaughter even loved it! What a fun way to mix up a pasta recipe during this time of year!

serves 4 ( about 1 c. = 9 points +)

  • 8 oz. uncooked fettuccine
  • 2 applewood smoked bacon slices, chopped small ( I used thick sliced)
  • 2 T. finely chopped fresh sage, divided
  • 2 tsp crushed garlic
  • 3/4 c. canned pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. salt 
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 2 T. heavy cream
  • 2 T. chopped fresh, flat-leaf parsley


Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain over a bowl reserving 3/4 c. cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes or until almost crisp, stirring occasionally. Add 1 T. sage and garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin and Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Add reserved cooking liquid and heavy cream, stirring until smooth. Add pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1 T. sage and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...