Monday, November 18, 2013

Cranberry Tabbouleh



Tabbouleh is an Arab salad made with cracked wheat and usually combined with finely chopped ingredients. This cranberry tabbouleh was the perfect accompaniment to the orange glazed pork that I made for dinner tonight.

serves 6 ( 1/2 c. = 3 points +)

  • 1-1/4 c. fat-free chicken broth
  • 1/4 c. dried cranberries
  • 1/4 tsp. five-spice powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 c . bulgur ( cracked wheat)


Bring broth and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; stir in bulgur. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

adapted from "Cooking Light"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this great and simple idea. You made my dinner, as I have only a few ingredients (as usual on sundays -.-), but the ones for this recipe I have on hand!!
    Have a great Sunday!

    www.eatcooksmile.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...