Thursday, January 30, 2014

Banana Chia Seed Pudding



Chia seeds seem to be one of the new super foods being promoted. They have many benefits, some of which you can read about here. I decided to try this recipe last night as a healthy dessert. I adapted the recipe from this site. This would also make a nice, little breakfast. 

serves 4 ( 4 points +)


  • 1-1/2 c. vanilla almond milk
  • 2 medium bananas
  • 1/4 c. chia seeds
  • 4 T. aerosol whipped cream ( or make your own, but add additional points)


Place almond milk and 1 banana in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add chia seeds and blend until mixed in. Pour into dessert glasses and chill at least 2 hours. The more you chill, the thicker the pudding will become, because the chia seeds are gelatinous and will absorb liquid. 
Garnish each serving with sliced banana and 1 T. whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...