Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sirloin, Arugula and Roasted Red Pepper Salad


We have actually had a couple of days that felt like "spring" might be arriving! This has put me in the mood for fresh-tasting salads! My husband and son, Joey, made this dinner for us over the weekend. It is simple, but delicious. The peppery taste of the arugula pairs nicely with the sirloin.  I hope you like it!

serves 4 ( 7 points +)
Salad:

  • 1 lb. lean sirloin, trimmed
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
  • 8 c. ( or more) of Arugula lettuce
  • 4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese


Dressing:

  • 2 T. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. honey
  • 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill or cook in a skillet until desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Place 2 c. ( or more, depending on how much lettuce you would like) in each of the four bowls. Top with steak and peppers. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with dressing.

For dressing, whisk all ingredients together until blended.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...