Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Peach Kuchen


While looking for a dessert recipe to go with a German-themed dinner I was making, I came across this from "Allrecipes.com". I have adapted it slightly.  Kuchen is the German word for kitchen and often refers to this coffeecake-type treat. The recipe was easy to make and everyone loved it. I did serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. I am listing this recipe as 12 servings with each serving being 4 points. If you would like a larger serving size, 8 servings would be 6 points per piece. Be careful to not over bake this recipe.

Serves 12 ( 4 points +)


  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 medium peaches, sliced
  • 3 T. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 8 inch round springform pan with nonstick spray.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. set aside.

In a large bowl, beat butter and 1/4 c. sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture. Spread dough by hand on the bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan.

Combine 3 T. sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Arrange peach slices in a spole pattern over the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.

Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.


1 comment:

  1. I made this last night and my family LOVED it!!! Huge hit! I will be making it again.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...